- Visit the Fortune 500 list for the current year and select a retail or manufacturing company from the list for this project. Post your selection here.
- You may search for the name of your company and Investor Relations and look for SEC Filings.
Your corporation must meet the following criteria:
- It must be ranked number 500 or higher on the Fortune 500 list for the current year.
- It must have an SEC 10-K report for the current or most recent prior year.
- It must have an Accounts Receivable and Inventory Account.
- It is recommended you select a manufacturing company.
Your corporation may NOT:
- Be the same corporation you used for SEC projects in other courses.
- Be the same corporation a classmate selected.
- Be a bank or any other type of financial institution.
- Be a service company.
- Be an airline
- Be Costco as I have provided a sample report using Costco.
1. Write the name of the corporation, the stock market where it is traded, and its ticker symbol in the Subject line when you respond to this posting and all other postings related to this project.
- Under Armour: NYSE: UA
- Apple; NASDAQ: APPL
- ExxonMobil; NYSE: XOM
2. State why you want to study and prepare a financial analysis of your corporation.
3. Include the following statement in your response: “I have reviewed the Balance Sheet of my chosen SEC company and have located both, the Accounts Receivable and Inventory accounts, in the Asset section of the Balance Sheet.”
4. Provide a direct link to your corporation’s SEC 10-K report for the most recent year. A direct link is a hyperlink that takes you directly to a website where the SEC 10-K report is located. For example, this is the direct link to the 2020 SEC 10-K report for Apple, Inc.
The most direct route to finding the direct link is to use the SEC EDGAR System and search by Company name.
An alternative research method to locate the most current SEC 10-K for your company is to search for the name of your company and the words investor relations. You will need to make selections and click links such as SEC filings and may be required to use the drop-down SEC filings menu to select annual as the report type.
5. State your corporation’s position on the Fortune 500 List for the current year. Your chosen company must be ranked number 500 or higher.
6. Provide page numbers for all four required financial statements:
- Income Statement (it could be listed as the Consolidated Statements of Income.)
- Balance Sheet (it could be listed as the Consolidated Balance Sheet or Statement of Financial Position.)
- Statement of Stockholders Equity (it could be listed as the Consolidated Statements of Stockholder’s Equity or Consolidated Statements of Stockholder’s Deficit.)
- Statement of Cash Flow