In preparation for an EHR implementation of several outpatient clinics and specialty offices, you are asked to create a presentation to prepare the staff. Your presentation should be a minimum of 10 slides, including your title and reference page. In your presentation, you will:
- Describe what an EHR is.
- Describe interoperability and its relation to EHRs.
- Discuss the importance of interoperability.
- Explain some of the advantages of using EHRs.
- Discuss some of the challenges that may be encountered with the use of EHRs.
- Outline how the benefits and challenges may differ in the clinics, in comparison to an acute care or hospital setting.