As the director of human resources in a mid-sized retail organization, you have been asked to provide an overview of your entire employee onboarding process. This includes your job evaluation, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding, and new employee training processes for the CEO. The costs of the entire employee onboarding processes are being questioned. Between the attrition of current employees, inability to find qualified talent, and an increase in employer liability and risk, the CEO is trying to understand the processes so she can provide the owners with a list of strategies to address the increasing costs related to hiring and training new employees.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA 7th style for their writing assignments.
· Refer to the
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
Include a minimum of five scholarly topic-relevant sources (majority of articles should be published within past five years).
· You are required to submit this assignment to Lopes Write. A link to the Lopes Write technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology (Quantitative Research)
3.2: Apply principles of interpersonal and group consulting and coaching to improve organizational performance.
theories and methods for selecting, training, appraising, organizing, and supervising both employees and managers.
Write a paper of 1,600-2,000 words that will help the CEO understand the processes, related challenges, and strategies in each phase of the process. Support each phase with current scholarly research and related theories that will provide justification for each strategy. The paper should include the following:
1. Introduction that includes the thesis statement.
2. Describe the job evaluation process to include the best practices, challenges, legal considerations, strategies, and theories that support the job evaluation process.
3. Describe the recruiting process to include the best practices, challenges, legal considerations, strategies, and theories that support the recruiting process.
4. Describe the interviewing process to include the best practices, challenges, legal considerations, strategies, and theories that support the interview process.
5. Discuss the hiring and onboarding processes to include the best practices, challenges, legal considerations, strategies, and theories that support the hiring and onboarding process.
6. Describe the new employee training processes to include the best practices, challenges, legal consideration, strategies, and theories that support the new employee training processes.
7. Summarize your processes related to each of the phases. This includes a discussion that will help the CEO provide the owners with strategies to address the increasing costs related to evaluating jobs, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding, and training new employees.